Aon is looking for Consultants in our Intellectual Property Solutions group!
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Intellectual Property Solutions group. This position is available in the following offices:
New York, NY
This role falls under Aon’s early career development program, known as Launch. Building on the development colleagues receive in the role they are hired into; the Launch program is a supplemental development program for recent college recruits.
Your impact as a Consultant
Our consultants use C.S., E.E., math, and data expertise to clearly explain technology to attorneys, judges, juries, and companies. This is a perfect opportunity for candidates with an abiding love of technology, excellent communications skills, and a desire to experience something beyond what’s available in a typical programming job.
Consultants work in teams to analyze the world’s software, source code, firmware, chips, and robotics in connection with high-profile legal matters. Consultants write code on a daily basis, whether in pursuit of understanding technology in a litigation or to develop new products and tools for our practice. And, we even testify in court.
Our team consists primarily of computer scientists, software engineers, and hardware engineers, with math and physics majors balancing our mix. We value a genuine work-life balance and offer excellent compensation and stability. Our ideal candidate balances subject matter expertise, initiative, accuracy, self-motivation, organization, and articulate & precise communications. Intellectual curiosity, creativity, honesty, and professionalism are critical traits for success in this role.
- Bachelors, Masters and/or Ph.D. from:
- Computer Science department
- or software-friendly Electrical Engineering program
- or computer-oriented mathematics program
- Deep experience with some or all of the following is preferred: C/C++, Python, Java, Assembly, and/or Linux/Unix.
- Additional pluses include SQL/Databases, Django, functional languages, Microsoft languages/frameworks, enterprise software experience, understanding of advanced math and algorithms, and experience in computer or electronics design or reverse-engineering, and/or RF or other wireless communication technologies, or equivalent experience.
- Impeccable standards of honesty and accuracy; high degree of self-motivation.
- Highly articulate and precise English speaking and writing skills
- Genuine work-life balance
- Consistent, deep exposure to a variety of technologies
- Excellent opportunity to become a testifying expert witness
- Stable team with meritocratic and intellectual culture.
Applicants for this role, which is part of the Launch program, must graduate between December 2019 – June 2020 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
The Launch Program was established to coach and develop future business leaders, this program “launches” the Aon careers of our campus hires in various full-time positions across the company. The 10-month development program begins every summer and includes in-person sessions, networking opportunities, self-study and global leader calls.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.